Friday, March 18, 2011

GANDHI BOUND - An Experience

It was a real visual treat and I was amost enoying it. Well you may call it a bit sadistic. Maybe! and I won't deny. It was an experience integrating a history extracted out from back ground:
It was on TV Channel (NDTV) showing close-up of bundles and packs of 500 and 1000 Rupee notes bound with jute rope that made history in the Parliament of India exposing naked and raw Politics in India , offering Bribes to certain political Parties to keep someother in power ( at the time of Voting). My interest and field of enjoying the scene was elsewhere , asI found that the face od GANDHI , the Father of the NATION (as is claimed) was printed bright on the bundles and packs and I found jute ropes went round and round over the face of Gandhi (of the photo-s )on each pack (here were lots of them) and on some, the eyes and lips of gandhi on photo-s were tied to the extent of squieezing and distortion of his face in simulated , painful show up. ....And I could not help laughing out loud! The picture was so expressive and telling 'thousand words' like SatyajitRay's visual in 'Pathr Panchali'.
Yes I was laughing loud enjoying the pathetic status of the 'Father of Nation' on the CANVAS , painting the present Character of India , so well represented on the TV -Screen that day.. And ... I again confess , I enjoyed the phto ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment